Hollywood Branded Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Hollywood Branded Inc. website and governs data collection and usage. By using the Hollywood Branded Inc. website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
At Hollywood Branded, we want to give you the best possible experience to ensure that you enjoy our service today, tomorrow, and in the future. To do this we need to understand your learning habits so we can deliver an exceptional and personalized experience specifically for you. That said, your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data – as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your personal data.
- About this Policy
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with Hollywood Branded. The Policy applies to all Hollywood Branded services and any associated services including our website and email correspondence.
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Hollywood Branded website; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you. For information on how to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns, then please see the ‘How To Contact Us’ section 15.
Alternatively, if you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember it is your choice whether you want to use the Hollywood Branded Service.
- Controllers of Personal Information
- Any personal information provided to or gathered by Hollywood Branded.com is controlled by Hollywood Branded Inc. 110 Lomita Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 USA.
- Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls in our Manage Subscriptions center to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access: the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification: the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure: the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict: the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object:
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability: the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making: the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation to how Hollywood Branded uses your personal data please contact us by emailing to [email protected] Branded.com
- Types of information we gather
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at HollywoodBranded.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
This includes personal data you provide when you: sign up to receive our newsletter; make enquiries or request information be sent to you; create an account on our website; purchase our services; ask for Hollywood Branded material to be sent to you; engage with us on social media; enter a promotion or survey; contact us; or leave comments or reviews on our products or services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Provide Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing the Hollywood Branded experience for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from HollywoodBranded.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your subscriptions through the manage subscriptions page.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses HollywoodBranded.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Hollywood Branded on other websites.
- Mobile:When you download or use apps created by Hollywood Branded or its subsidiaries and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Information From Other Sources:we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- What About Cookies?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a subscriber or visitor, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your likes and dislikes.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart on our school site.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Hollywood Branded’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on Hollywood Branded sites and third-party sites.
- This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Hollywood Branded cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Hollywood Branded’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Hollywood Branded products and services that require you to sign in for our classes or paid online services and downloads.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Almost all the cookies that relate to advertising are part of third party online advertising networks. If you’d like to read about how you can control which adverts you see online, see opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance (United States), the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. We do not control cookies which are set by advertising networks.
- Does Hollywood Branded.com Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Hollywood Branded shares customer information only as described below with the subsidiaries which Hollywood Branded, controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering courses, events, trainings, projects, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Hollywood Branded customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Hollywood Branded and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Hollywood Branded, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- Partner Businesses We Do Not Control:We work closely with partner businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores at Hollywood Branded.com. In other cases, we provide services or sell product lines jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
- How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- What Information Can I Access?
Hollywood Branded gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Hollywood Branded for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
- Payment information
Hollywood Branded uses third party payment processors Quickbooks, Clover, Teachable and PayPal to process payments made for our services via HollywoodBranded.com or over the phone/email. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors. This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page.
For PayPal and Quickbooks we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal or Quickbooks.
- What Choices Do I Have?
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Subscription option through manage subscription page.
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Hollywood Branded features
- If you don’t want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please drop us an email on [email protected] with the request.
- Are Children Allowed to Use Hollywood Branded.com?
Hollywood Branded doesn’t promote products or services to children. If you’re under 18, you may use Hollywood Branded.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
- International transfers
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we will comply with applicable data protection law. Some of the mechanisms we may choose to use when undertaking an international transfer are:
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (called the “EU Model Clauses”).
- The transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. If the provider is not EU-US Privacy Shield certified, we may use the EU Model Clauses.
- How to Contact Us
Hollywood Branded Inc.
110 Lomita Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 USA
Email: [email protected]
Tel +1 310.606.2030